Trafalgar Surf was founded in the summer of 2007 by Laura and Ramon, two young and passionate surfers, whose connection with the ocean has brought them the most memorable experiences in their lives. Their drive to share and teach their love of surfing brought about the creation of their Surf School in Conil, through which they’ve been able to pass on the art of surfing to many others.
At Trafalgar Surf we ensure a completely safe and personable experience by keeping our surf lessons to a maximum of 6 students per class. Our main concern is your well-being and we make sure your stay with us is unforgettable. We also equip our Surf Lessons with the most prestigious brands of surfboard and wetsuits.
The founder of Trafalgar Surf. Laura grew up in Devon, UK, where she was taught to surf by her father from a young age. She’s been teaching surfing since 2006 in Conil. Laura is also a passionate yoga teacher, since 2010.
Speaks: English + Spanish
A passionate surfer with a natural gift for teaching. With Ramon you can guarantee an improvement in your surfing and understanding of the ocean. He gives a lot of attention to the individual needs of each student.
Speaks: English, Spanish, German + Italian
A local surfer from Conil who learnt to surf with Laura and Ramon! A very talented surfer who knows the local beaches better than anyone! Beware – his enthusiasm for surfing is contagious!
Speaks: Spanish, German and English
Why choose Trafalgar Surf?
- We work with a maximum of 6 students per class/instructor. We ensure a very personable experience and maximum learning.
- All our instructors are fully qualified Surf Coaches and lifeguards with full certifications from the ASI (Academy of Surf Instructors – UK) They also have many years of experience in Surf Coaching.
- Our Surf Lessons are held at the Río Salado in Conil – an ideal place to learn or improve your surfing. Due to the profile of the beach the waves break gently in shallow water, meaning beginners don’t have to go out of their depth. The waves roll in for a long distance, giving the learners plenty of time to get to their feet!
- You’ll find great conditions to learn surfing during the summer months as the waves are small and gentle. For those with more experience it’s best to come between October and May.
- Our timetable for surf lessons varies due to the tides. We aim to always find the best conditions for your surf lessons. To book surf lessons or a surf course please call ahead to make a reservation.